Current Employment Opportunities
President and Executive Director, RENEW International
About the Position: RENEW is seeking a strong and dynamic faith leader with proven executive success with an entrepreneurial spirit and an experienced and proven executive. The right leader is an excellent communicator who can relate to all stakeholders—donors, clergy, and parish leaders. The person in this position is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the organization by working with the Board of Trustees and staff to establish and execute long-range goals and strategies that will achieve the greatest impact among the laity and their parishes and that will also assure the sustainability of RENEW itself. Reports to: RENEW’s Board of Trustees. The President serves at the pleasure of the Archbishop of Newark.
- Represents RENEW positively and clearly articulates its mission to bishops, pastors, donors, Catholic organizations, and the general public;
- Provides leadership in fund-raising activities and cultivation and solicitation of major donors;
- Generates new business;
- Is known in the Catholic diocesan, parish and conference community as the face of the organization;
- Manages the organization’s infrastructure including planning, finances, use of technology, program development and evaluation, publishing, and human resources;
- Promotes an actively engaged Board of Trustees, keeping members informed of the state of RENEW, and important factors affecting the organization;
- Supervises the preparation and, following Board approval, administration of the annual budget;
- Insures that RENEW maintains a Catholic environment that attracts, retains, and motivates a competent and diverse staff;
- Fosters and personally adheres to Catholic principles, practices and doctrine and maintains a collaborative relationship with the Archbishop of Newark and the other members of the Board by preparing and presenting an annual report;
- Assures that all RENEW publications and presentations are in conformity with the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church. Requirements:
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic who is, and remains, in good standing with the Church and its teachings. Keen understanding of post Vatican II pastoral approach and guidelines.
- Previous experience leading a Catholic not for profit organization which relies on donor funding to underwrite their mission.
- Strategic leader who can grow top line and manage expenses through creating a shared vision among staff, customers and donors.
- Familiarity with religious content and can deliver innovative products in print and digitally.
- Ability to maintain and initiate relationships on the parish, diocesan and Catholic community level.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including: word processing, spreadsheet, database and Internet programs.
- Must have advanced knowledge of budgeting principles and practices, accounting principles, investment and financial reporting methodologies; experience in strategic planning is desired.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and a high level of independent thought and initiative.
Education and Experience
Masters in Pastoral Theology or related field; seven years of experience in an executive management position. Executive Director, Senior Leadership, or Director of Evangelization, Faith Formation on the diocesan level. Experience in parish renewal and/or Catholic publishing helpful.
Required to frequently travel locally and regionally during the business day; there is frequent overnight domestic and international travel (30 percent) by air, train, or automobile.
Commensurate with background and experience.
Comprehensive benefit program (details will be furnished to finalist candidates).
October 1, 2021
(Note: We reserve the right to shorten the deadline for applications if we have sufficient interest. Please apply early to ensure your background will be considered.)
For consideration, please email resume to:
Catholic Recruiter Associates
Note: Only those selected for an interview with the search committee
will be contacted
Contact us at 908-769-5400, ext. 132